(HARRISBURG) – Seven museums and historical organizations in the 25th Senatorial District have been awarded $28,000 in state grants, according to Senator Joe Scarnati (R-25).
Scarnati explained that the grants were awarded as part of the state’s Cultural and Historical Support program, which is administered by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC). The goal of the program is to strengthen the Pennsylvania museum community through providing general operating support to museums and official county historical societies that are not supported by other state agency funding programs.
“Our area is fortunate to have outstanding museums and historical societies,” Scarnati said. “I am glad that these grants will offer assistance so that they can continue to provide excellent educational opportunities within our communities.”
Grant Recipients In the 25th Senatorial District Included the Following Groups:
- Cameron County Historical Society – $4,000
- Clearfield County Historical Society – $4,000
- Clinton County Historical Society – $4,000
- Jefferson County Historical Society – $4,000
- Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center, Jefferson County – $4,000
- McKean County Historical Society – $4,000
- Tioga County Historical Society – $4,000
In the most recent round of funding, 142 organizations from 55 counties received grants. For more information on the program, please visit PHMC’s website: www.phmc.state.pa.us.
CONTACT: Kate Flessner (717) 787-7084